Are you seeking a different cladding for your ceilings and walls? Decorative PVC wall panels are water proof and low maintenance, which make them perfect for kitchens, bath rooms, garages, basements and toilets
Particularly in moist and damp areas, decorative panels area superlative way to effectively decorate walls as well as ceilings in an aesthetic and water proof method, taking home decoration to another level.
PVC decorative wall panels is found in a wide range of patterns from high gloss and unvarnished panels to fantasy effects, marble motifs and printed panels with wood design.
PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride) is a plastic with wide range of uses. Over 50% of PVC produced worldwide is utilized in construction. In the form of building material, PVC is easy to assemble and suitable for those on a low budget. In recent times, traditional building materials such as clay, concrete and wood are being replaced by PVC.
PVC cladding was developed in Europe in the 1970’s in the form of an interior decorative wall finish. It had unique properties setting it apart from other wall panels.
PVC paneling or cladding is a lightweight, hollow cored, panel, which has a smooth surface ideal for decoration and a tongue and groove edge for smooth assembly.
PVC cladding is available in popular width of 250 mm and 100 mm. It is also available for some international markets at 407 mm, 375 mm and 167 mm.
The style of panels ranges from seamless mono panels to V-shaped joints. Many patterns and designs are possible such as authentic wood grain patterns, stone and marble effects and other fantasy designs.
PVC decorative panels can withstand a normal temperature of 60 degree C. As such they can be used as shower panels but not as sauna panels. One can build in ceiling lights like halogen lamps. The temperature of contact with halogen lamps must not exceed 60 degree C. To prevent any distortion, space of 10 mm must be left between lamp and panel.
Advantages of PVC decorative panels are:
- Fast and easy to install: The panels can be cut easily to size and installed making them user-friendly and ideal for DIY projects. This takes half the time compared to laying tiles.
- Water resistant: These panels are best suited for kitchens and bathrooms as they are moisture and mold resistant.
- Low budget: Compared to tiles you can save a lot of money by buying and installing the PVC decorative panels.
- All around product: The panels are very versatile in usage from hospitals and hotels to homes and offices. They can serve as shower wall panels, decorative panels, etc.
- Hygienic and clean: Panels are hygienic and clean solutions for walls and ceilings.
- Low maintenance: It does not require long cleaning. The smooth surface of the panels ensures that dirt does not collect in pores or cracks. A simple wipe with a cloth piece will do and avoid abrasive and chlorinated cleaners.
- Recyclable: PVC can be 100% recycled. Take them to any plastic recycling centre.
- Final finish: No further treatment is required after installation like varnish, paint, etc.
- Acoustic insulation: Decorative cladding can also be used to insulate rooms from noise from outside.
These are some aspects about PVC decorative wall panels.
Author’s Bio: He is a civil engineer by training. He has been working in the construction sector since a decade. He contributes tips and observations to the website www.ecoste.in